Monday 10 September 2012

Grease me up!

So yesterday, Suz and I decided to take advantage of the ‘freebie’ you get here at Ranwelli, a half hour foot massage at the Ayurveda massage centre. When we walked in there though it was so calm and serene that we actually decided to go for a full on head, face, back & shoulders massage instead. Well, they wheeled us into separate rooms and I was asked to undress (eek!)

They started with my head massage by liberally applying a pool of oil onto my scalp and then patting it like you would a mud pie! Very odd, but the actual massage was lovely!

I next had to lay face up on a table and they started the face massage, again with liberal amounts of scented oil, but this treatment was the best – very nearly fell asleep during it!

Lastly came the back massage, which was very nice, but my shoulders hurt a bit afterwards, as they took quite a pummelling.

I met Suz back out in the lobby as we were both having a nice cup of herbal tea, and we really did look like we’d both been dragged through a tank of olive oil!

Greasy, but happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment